May’s scripture verse:
“And upon entering, the Angel said to her, ‘Hail, full of grace. The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women.” ~ Luke 1: 28
Please pray for the following needs of St. Matthew Parish:
May’s New Requests:
- We pray that we may have the faith and humility like the Virgin Mary, so we may heed God’s call to us with grace and trust.
- For all those who are mothers, in both word and deed; may they be blessed for the loving care they provide by feeling the love and gratitude of those they care for in return.
- In thanksgiving for Adam Wilczak of our parish, and the 3 other seminarians who will be ordained to the Transitional Diaconate at Most Pure Heart this month, and for the 4 men, including Deacon Nathan Haverland, who will be ordained into the priesthood here at St. Matthew this month; we are thankful to God and the Holy Spirit for calling these men to be leaders of our faith, and we are thankful to them for being courageous enough to answer the call. May they be showered with love and support of others, and with grace and blessings from God as they continue on their lifelong journey of service to God and spreading His Word.
- As students prepare to graduate, may they step forward in life with the knowledge that God will walk their journey of life with them, and may they have the courage and wisdom to follow where the Holy Spirit leads them.
- For our loved ones who have passed away; we pray that they may live in eternal peace and happiness in God’ heavenly kingdom.
- We pray for all those who are preparing for marriage; may they prayerfully reflect on the Sacrament they are preparing to enter and fully commit to both their partner and to Christ.
- That those who administer justice will always act with integrity and upright conscience.
- That seminarians, especially from mission Churches, may always be pastors according to the heart of Christ, fully devoted to the proclamation of the Gospel.
- During this year of Faith: Love It, Learn It, Live It, in our archdiocese and our parish, we pray that all Catholics may be touched by the Holy Spirit and experience a renewal of their faith that will bring them closer to God.
- For an increase in stewardship in our parish. We pray that our parishioners may prayerfully reflect on the gifts they have been given by God, as well as how they can best share those gifts through their offering of Time, Talent and Treasure.
- May more people hear the call of the Holy Spirit to dedicate themselves to priesthood and religious life, serving God by bringing His Word to others through their daily life’s work. In thanksgiving for seminarian Adam Wilczak of our parish, for the young men from our parish who are in application for the seminary, and for Father Jerry — may God continue to hold them close and guide them in their dedication and vocation to a religious life.
- For all those who serve in the Armed Forces, both at home and abroad; may God protect and guide them on their mission to protect and defend our nation’s people and freedoms, as well as the freedoms and rights of everyone across the world. We also pray that their loved ones who are awaiting their safe return feel the loving comfort of the Holy Spirit by their side.
Glory to you,
O Lord our God,
Your love calls us to be your people.
By sharing our many and diverse gifts
we share in your mission.
We ask you, Lord,
to shape us into a community of faith.
Nourish us by your word and sacraments
that we may grow into the image of Jesus.
Through the power of your Holy Spirit, heal us
that we, in turn, may heal the wounded.
Form us to be instruments of love, justice, and peace in our land,
and send us to proclaim your saving work.
RENEW us, Lord,
that we may renew the face of the earth.