February’s scripture verse
“Now, therefore, the Lord says: ‘Be converted to me with your whole heart in fasting and weeping and mourning.’ " ~Joel 2: 12
Please pray for the following needs of St. Matthew Parish:
February’s New Requests:
· For all catechumens and candidates preparing to join the Catholic faith; may they feel the presence of the Holy Spirit upon them.
· During Lent, may we all spend time in reflection of our faith and ways we can share our faith with others around us, through both word and action.
· May the Holy Family be an example to us of unconditional love and saying yes to God.
· That we all remember to help others in need all throughout the year.
· In thanksgiving for all those who are giving of their time to help with religious education within our parish.
· That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
· We pray for an increase in vocations to religious life. We especially pray for Father John, parish seminarian Andrew Gaffney, and David Auten as he goes through the diaconate program —may the Holy Spirit continue to lead them in their service to Christ.
· In thanksgiving for the men and women who make the commitment to protect our country, people and freedoms by joining the Armed Forces. We pray for their safety and for their loved ones who wait for their safe return home.
· We pray for peace and justice for all people in our community, our country, and throughout the world.
· We pray for all veterans; may they receive the support they need physically, emotionally and spiritually to help them heal from the tragedies of war.
· For the leaders of our country, that they may turn their hearts and minds to Christianity as they make decisions for our country.
O dear Jesus,
I humbly implore You
to grant Your special graces to our family.
May our home be the shrine
of peace, purity, love, labor and faith.
I beg You, dear Jesus,
to protect and bless all of us,
absent and present,
living and dead.
O Mary, loving Mother of Jesus, and our Mother,
pray to Jesus for our family,
for all the families of the world,
to guard the cradle of the newborn
and the schools of the young and their vocations.
Blessed Saint Joseph,
holy guardian of Jesus and Mary,
assist us by your prayers in all the necessities of life.
Ask of Jesus that special grace which He granted to you,
to watch over our home at the pillow of the sick and the dying,
so that with Mary and with you,
heaven may find our family unbroken
in the Scared Heart of Jesus.