June’s Scripture Verse
So Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave the bread from heaven; my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. — John
Please pray for the following needs of St. Matthew Parish:
June’s New Requests:
· For the Church, the Body of Christ, that we will deepen our devotion to the Eucharistic sacrifice which gives life to the world.
· For all fathers, that they may be blessed by the Holy Trinity as they guide and love those in their care.
· For the lonely, the alienated, and the orphaned that they will receive consolation from the closeness of the Lord.
· That the redemptive power of Christ’s Eucharistic sacrifice will extend to the hearts and minds of all those who govern.
· That social networks may work towards that inclusiveness which respects others for their differences.
· We pray for peace and justice for all people in our community, our country, and throughout the world.
· We pray for an increase in vocations to religious life. We especially pray for Father John, parish seminarian, Andrew Gaffney, and David Auten as he goes through the diaconate program. May the Holy Spirit continue to guide them in their service to Christ.
· For the leaders of our country, that they may have Christian hearts as they make decisions for our country.
Lord Jesus Christ,
you promised always to give your Church shepherds.
In faith, we know your promise cannot fail.
Trusting in the power of the Holy Spirit at work in the Church,
we pray you raise up sacred ministers from your holy people,
that the sacrifice in which you give your body and blood
may be daily renewed in the world
until we come to that kingdom
where you live with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
for ever and ever.